Cosmetic Dental Bonding Made Easy
Cosmetic bonding is a procedure in which a resin is applied over the surface of the teeth. The resin is molded to conceal any flaws and enhance the patient’s appearance. Cosmetic bonding results in a beautiful smile that is visibly healthier and more even.
Cosmetic bonding is a minimally invasive process that can be performed with a single visit. It can be used to enhance a patient’s smile, by addressing the following:
- Fixing chipped teeth, covering holes, and repairing other superficial damage
- Adding width to thin teeth or teeth that are set far from the rest
- Closing gaps between teeth
- Adding height to short or eroded teeth
- Covering bruises or discoloration and improving the color of the teeth
Although cosmetic bonding is a non-invasive and straightforward procedure it is imperative that you work with an experienced dentist who can address your particular needs while helping you maintain a natural appearance. Cosmetic bonding requires both skill and artistry. The procedure begins with the dentist matching the resin to your teeth. The resin is then added to one tooth at a time and shaped as necessary to correct the imperfection. Once the dentist is satisfied with the appearance of the resin, it is hardened with the help of a special curing lamp. The procedure is completed by polishing the teeth to a sheen that closely resembles natural tooth color and translucency. There is no downtime associated with this treatment, which means you can resume your normal activities directly after the procedure.
- The procedure is non-invasive and doesn’t require anesthesia or drilling
- In only one appointment, the appearance of your smile will improve
- Bonding can help reinforce teeth and provide an extra layer of protection to the natural tooth enamel.
- Repairs to bonded teeth are simple.
- Cosmetic bonding results in a visibly improved and natural smile
Is Cosmetic Bonding Right for You?
If you are dissatisfied with the condition of your teeth and believe they may be changed by cosmetic bonding, contact please contact us at 815-396-6105 to schedule an appointment.
Alongside Dental Bonding, we offer our Rockford patients the following cosmetic dentistry services: Invisalign, Teeth Whitening, Veneers, Dental Implants, Gum Sculpting, and Orthodontics.